The future of New York City is one where everyone has access to reliable and environmentally-friendly transportation options, as well as safe and welcoming streets and public spaces.
NYC DOT developed the NYC Streets Plan, a five-year transportation plan to improve the safety, accessibility, and quality of the City’s streets for all New Yorkers.
The plan involves an in-depth analysis of the current state of New York City’s streets and responds equitably to the uniqueness of the City’s many neighborhoods and local needs.
The plan was developed in response to Local Law 195 enacted in December 2019, which directs NYC DOT to issue and implement a transportation master plan every five years.
Public outreach included virtual public workshops in all five boroughs in summer 2021 and an online survey, both of which allowed the public to give us feedback on their priorities regarding our streets. NYC DOT used the feedback to help understand overall transportation priorities as well as the specific needs of our City’s diverse neighborhoods.
We want to hear from you about the NYC Streets Plan! NYC DOT will host two citywide listening sessions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 1pm-3pm – Register via Zoom
- Thursday, December 16, 2021, 6pm-8pm – Register via Zoom
These virtual webinar sessions will feature a presentation on the plan and opportunities for participants to provide feedback.
- NYC Streets Plan FAQ (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Outreach Flyer in English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Urdu (pdfs)
- Local Law 195 Legislation
- NYC Mobility Report
- Better Buses Action Plan
- Green Wave Plan
- Delivery New York: A Smart Truck Management Plan
- Electrifying New York: An Electric Vehicle Vision for New York City (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Public Workshop Presentation: Manhattan – July 2021 (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Public Workshop Presentation: Brooklyn – July 2021 (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Public Workshop Presentation: Queens – July 2021 (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Public Workshop Presentation: Bronx – July 2021 (pdf)
- NYC Streets Plan Public Workshop Presentation: Staten Island – July 2021 (pdf)
For questions or comments about the NYC Streets Plan, please email NSP@dot.nyc.gov or share your thoughts on the NYC Streets Plan via our survey.
If you have general transportation concerns or suggestions, please contact NYC DOT online.