The NYC DOT Customer Service, Language Access and Correspondence Unit (CSLACU) develops policy to guide the agency in delivering agency-wide language services according to Mayoral Citywide initiatives, Local Laws and Executive Orders.
By providing a full range of language services, we ensure all New Yorkers have access to NYC DOT services.
CSLACU services include:
- Translations of
- Essential NYC DOT documents
- NYC DOT Licenses, Permits, and Registrations
- Mayoral Initiatives
- Interpretations at NYC DOT Outreach Events and Town Halls
- American Sign Language Interpretation (ASL) and Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) services at NYC DOT meetings and events
- Plain language implementation in NYC DOT documents
- Multi-language signage at Public Service Centers (PSCs)
- Telephonic Interpretation available at PSCs and through NYC DOT operational units’ Language Access Database (LAD)
- Staff training
Contact Language Access Coordinator, Moussa Kouyate
If you have a translation request or issue, please contact NYC DOT’s Language Access Coordinator. You may also submit your request online via the Contact the Commissioner form.