Important Updates 

On July 18, 2021, the City enacted Local Law 80 of 2021, which provides civil penalty relief from certain sanitation, health, transportation, consumer affairs, noise control and buildings violations. It also repeals a number of requirements and prohibitions in the Administrative Code to provide relief for small businesses. Learn more about Local Law 80 of 2021.

June 18, 2020: Per the Mayor’s Executive Order, certain laws and rules relating to sidewalk cafés have been suspended to administer the Open Restaurants Program. If you own a restaurant or bar, you must apply for Open Restaurants certification to offer outdoor dining service, even if you already have a license for an unenclosed sidewalk café or a small sidewalk café. Learn more including guidance on heating elements for outdoor dining setups at

Licensing Services

We license more than 45,000 businesses in more than 40 industries. You can access many of our licensing services online including:

Read Online Services - FAQs

Prefer to visit us in person? In-Person Licensing and Collections Services Available By Appointment Only. DCWP is accepting in-person visits from customers with appointments only at our Manhattan and Queens locations. You must schedule an appointment to meet with a DCWP representative. View flyer to learn how to schedule an appointment in English | Español (Spanish) | العربية (Arabic) | বাংলা (Bengali) | 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified) | 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional) | Français (French) | Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole) | 한국어 (Korean) | Język Polski (Polish) | Русский (Russian) | ردو (Urdu)

Security Breaches

In the event of a security breach, DCWP licensees must promptly email DCWP a copy of the notification to affected persons required by NY General Business Law § 899-aa(2) or (3). Email DCWP at

Get Important Information for:

Additional Quick Links for Businesses:

Pay fines and fees

Cure DCA violation

Learn about 10 Things Every Business Should Know Available in English, Español (Spanish), 中文 (Chinese), Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole), 한국어 (Korean), and Русский (Russian). Read additional tips for businesses

Do you have employees? Learn about your employer responsibilities on workplace laws.

View our Event Calendar.

Need to have your scales inspected? Submit a request for a scale inspection online or call 311.

New York City businesses must comply with all relevant federal, State, and City laws and rules. Visit our Laws webpage.

Find more information about opening or operating a business in New York City at