DCWP’s online services will be unavailable:

  • Thursday, May 30: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
  • Saturday, June 8: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
  • Sunday, June 9: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

File Complaint

DCWP enforces the City's Consumer Protection Law and uses mediation to help you resolve complaints against a business. 

Ways to File a Consumer Complaint


Submit your complaint online. Note: You do NOT need to create an account to file a complaint with DCWP. However, an account will allow you to more easily track and make updates to your complaint.

If you have an account, you can make updates, upload additional documents, or withdraw your complaint from your account Dashboard.

If you do NOT have an account, you can make updates, upload additional documents, or withdraw your complaint by entering your complaint number, selecting "View or Edit complaint," and following the steps to complete a short verification form.  


1. Download and complete our complaint form in: English | Español (Spanish) | العربية (Arabic) | বাংলা (Bengali) | 中文 - 简化字 (Chinese - Simplified) | 中文 - 繁體字 (Chinese - Traditional) | Français (French) | Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole) | 한국어 (Korean) | Język Polski (Polish) | Русский (Russian) | ردو (Urdu)

2. Submit a copy of the completed form and related documents (e.g., store receipts, warranties, contracts, etc.). Do not send originals.

Mailing Address:
NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection
Consumer Services Division
42 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004

(212) 487-4482

What Happens to Your Complaint?

DCWP uses mediation to resolve complaints. Get an overview of what happens when you file a consumer complaint.

Learn about recent settlements and consumer complaint topics.

Home Improvement Contractor Trust Fund

If a DCWP-licensed home improvement contractor owes you money, you may be eligible to file a request for repayment through the Home Improvement Contractor Trust Fund.

Request for Assignment

If DCWP has obtained a final decision or order that authorizes restitution, awards money damages, or provides equitable relief for you, you may request “assignment” of the part of the decision or order that applies to you so you can take steps to enforce it.

Download Request for Assignment form

U-Visa Information

Download U-Visa Certification Application Form

Visit the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs website for additional information on U or T Visas