Travel Advisory for the Grand Central Parkway
Release # 06-30
Tuesday May 2, 2006
The New York City Department of Transportation announced intermittent full lane closures of the westbound Grand Central Parkway (GCP) on Friday, May 5th and Monday, May 8th through Friday, May 12th. The closures are necessary to install structural steel girders for the new Steinway Street bridges over the Grand Central Parkway (GCP). The ramp from the Brooklyn Queens Expressway leading to the westbound GCP will be closed during the same overnight periods. The full closures of the GCP will be limited to one 15-minute interval per hour.
The work schedule and hours are listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: During these closures, the temporary Steinway Street Bridge will remain open to two lanes of northbound traffic.
- Friday, May 5th: 10:00 pm - 6:00 am (May 6th)
- Monday, May 8th: 10:00 pm - 6:00 am (May 9th)
- Wednesday, May 10th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
- Thursday, May 11th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
- Friday, May 12th: 12:01 am - 6:00 am
Contact: Kay Sarlin (212) 442-7033