Human Resources Administration311Search all websites

Repaying a SNAP Overpayment

The Division of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Claims & Recovery (SNAP-CR) makes sure that all SNAP benefits comply with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and State regulations. If extra benefits might have been paid, SNAP-CR reviews the case for accuracy. If SNAP-CR finds that extra benefits were paid, it establishes an overpayment claim with the State. SNAP-CR can recover overpayments on both open and closed cases. SNAP-CR also implements and lifts Intention Program Violation (IPV) sanctions.

SNAP-CR answers questions on billing inquiries, assists with US Department of the Treasury Offset Program (TOP) questions, and tracks money received on SNAP claims.

Questions? Please contact us:
DSS OneNumber: 718-557-1399

Please send payments to:
New York City Department of Social Services/HRA
Investigation, Revenue and Enforcement Administration
SNAP Claims and Recovery
375 Pearl Street, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10038

Make checks payable to the "HRA Department of Social Services"

Please include on the check or money order:
1. Signature
2. Date
3. Dollar amount written out on check
4. Case Name
5. Case Number

Repayment Information

Repayment Information: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)