Human Resources Administration311Search all websites

Rental Assistance


CityFHEPS is a rental assistance supplement to help individuals and families find and keep housing. It is administered by the Department of Social Services (DSS), which includes both the
Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and the Human Resources Administration (HRA).

CityFHEPS has replaced the LINC, SEPS, and CITYFEPS rental assistance programs.  There is now one program to make it easier for people to get help, easier for landlords to get payments, and easier for DSS to manage cases.

New LINC, SEPS, and CITYFEPS applications are no longer being accepted.  Current SEPS and LINC 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 clients will be converted to CityFHEPS when they renew, starting April 1, 2019*. CITYFEPS clients will be transitioned to CityFHEPS over the next year.

If you are currently receiving CityFHEPS and your income has changed or your CityFHEPS rent has increased, your local Homebase can assist you with requesting a modification to your CityFHEPS Rental Assistance Supplement.

* Nothing will change for clients already enrolled in LINC 6.