Renew a Paratransit License
Back to Renew a Vehicle License
When to Apply for a Renewal
- To renew a license before it expires, you must submit a completed license renewal application, with all required documents, at least 30 days before the license expiration date.
- If you fail to renew your license by the expiration date, you will have an additional 60 days to complete all renewal requirements.
- If renewing late, your license will remain expired until you complete all renewal requirements, and TLC processes and approves your late renewal application. ; After the renewal is approved, you will be sent a notification that you owe a $25.00 late fee.
- Insurance Certificate (if expired) ;- Current For-Hire Insurance Certificate (FH-1) in the applicant’s name.
- All vehicles registered outside of NY State are required to submit a copy of current DMV registration. ; Submit DMV registration using TLC UP.
- Paratransit vehicles require NYS Department of Transportation operating authority; and can only be operated by drivers with ACTIVE 19A Status. ;
- Renewing Vehicles must pass a NYS Department of Transportation Inspection, and submit the inspection report (MC300) showing the vehicle passed inspection. ; The inspection report is valid for one (1) year, and it must be current at the time of renewal. ; Submit inspection report using TLC UP.
Vehicle Insurance Information
- A TLC Vehicle License cannot be renewed without a current insurance policy that meets TLC’s minimum requirements, and the insurance certificate (FH-1) must be submitted to TLC. View minimum insurance requirements here.
- If the FH-1 on file with the TLC is expired, vehicle renewal cannot be completed until an updated insurance certificate / FH-1 is submitted to the TLC.
- An owner can view a vehicle’s insurance information on file with the TLC using TLC’s self-service portal, TLC Up, which is available any time and does not require contacting the TLC.
- If you are a first time user of TLC Up, visit the TLC Upload Portal page, which will guide you through a five (5) step process to verify your email address.
- After completing the email verification, log into TLC Up and the first screen that appears is the “Licensee Snapshot” screen.
- If necessary, expand the screen by selecting “Show More +” on the top right of the window.
- The expanded window will show current information on the status of the TLC License, including the insurance period, and the policy number.
How to Apply for a Renewal
- Pay all outstanding fines or fees owed to TLC, as well as fines owed to the Department of Finance for parking, red light, and/or traffic violations;
- Using the TLC vehicle license number located on a vehicle’s TLC decal, pay your renewal fee online using ;LARS;
- Upload the required documents using TLC UP;
- Once your vehicle renewal payment and all required documents have been uploaded and approved, your vehicle will be scheduled for an inspection appointment. ; You and your base will receive an email with date and time of the inspection appointment. ; You can also check your inspection date using TLC UP;
- Visit ;Vehicle Inspections ;to view inspection requirements;
- Once the vehicle passes inspection, the vehicle license will be renewed.
- $550 - Vehicle Renewal Fee
- $800 - CMVT Tax for vehicles registered outside of New York City
All TLC fees are non-refundable - no exceptions!