Human Resources Administration311Search all websites

HRA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

General FAQs

How do I apply for cash assistance emergency services?

Apply online through AccessHRA now.

If I am disabled and need assistance, how do I file a formal Reasonable Accommodation Request?

You can call 718-557-1399 or learn more on our Disability Access page.

How can I make an inquiry or file a complaint?

What can I do if my case is closed or sanctioned?

You are entitled to a Mandatory Dispute Resolution (MDR) and Fair Hearing request to resolve closings or sanctions you believe have been improperly imposed.

How do I file a complaint about my Fair Hearing visit?

You may contact the Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance (OTDA) by phone at 1-800-342-3334 / 518-474-8781 or by fax at 518-473-6735.

I have questions about my Medicaid coverage, who can I contact?

Customers who need assistance concerning Medicaid Managed Care can call 1-800-505-5678.

  • For questions about Medicaid eligibility call 1-888-692-6116
  • For all other Medicaid inquiries call the DSS OneNumber at 718-557-1399

Additional FAQs

CBO Questions
HIV/AIDS Services
Immigrant Eligibility Questions
SNAP Questions

If you have any questions not answered here, please call 311 or visit 311 online.