Permit Types

Religious Events

Religious events that take place on streets or sidewalks require a permit. If your religious organization is holding an act of public worship to serve a benefit to the community on streets or sidewalks, then you are required to obtain a permit. Religious events are categorized into three event types: Sukkot, Mobile Unit, or Ceremony. Read below for more information or apply here.

When hosting a religious event, keep in mind the following:

  • Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to the event
  • Applicants must be a member of a religious organization with an indigenous relationship to the block or the community and given permission by their neighbors
  • Nonprofit applicants must provide nonprofit status documentation with their application
  • The event is limited to one day and one block
  • Rain dates are not permitted
  • Applicants must select the religious event type: Ceremony, Mobile Unit, or Sukkot
  • No fundraising, or sale of goods or services can take place at the religious event
    • If you would like to sell food or other items at your event, read more about hosting a single block festival
  • Valid for an act of worship only
    • If you would like to have rides and inflatable such as bounce houses at your event, read more about hosting a block party
  • You may require additional permits, such as:

Apply for a Religious Event Permit

Permit Types