Business Address Verification
If you are a Plumber, Fire Suppression Piping Contractor, Rigger, Electrician, Sign Hanger, Elevator Agency, or Oil Burner Equipment Installer, the location of your business must be approved by the Department for compliance with the NYC Zoning Resolution before you occupy the premise.
Submit the following information to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Attn: Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
- Completed LIC33: Business Verification Form
*Note: Please be sure to include a telephone number and e-mail address where you can be notified of the verification results*
- For quicker processing, please include a copy of the most recent Certificate of Occupancy for the building of your proposed business location.
Upon Approval of the proposed address, licensees/new applicants must submit a new:
- A new LIC1 (Elevator Agencies), LIC2, or LIC38 (Electricians) application
- Insurance Certificates (General Liability, Workers Compensation and Disability insurance certificates showing the approved business location (See Insurance Guidelines)
- A telephone bill showing the business name and approved business address location.
*Note: If you have a cell phone bill, or Voice over internet (VoIP) phone bill, you mustalso submit a utility bill in the company's name.*
- New license applicants that have received a notice of qualification must call the Department’s Licensing & Exams Unit at (212) 393-2259 to make an appointment for license issuance.