License Renewal: Special Sign Hanger
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Special Sign Hangers must submit their renewal applications online. Special Sign Hangers that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Special Sign Hangers must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting documents include:
- Original, typewritten LIC2 license application
- If you have more than one business you must submit two (2) LIC2 applications with the Primary and Secondary business information reversed on each application
- Partners/Officers correspond with the Primary business on each application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
*Note: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.*
- LIC62: Physical Examination Form, must be completed within 90 days prior to application date
- Completed LIC70 Designation of Rigging/Sign Hanging Foreman.
- If you do not have any Sign Hanging Foreman, a notarized sealed letter on company letterhead must be submitted indicating such.
- Previously issued Designated Sign Hanging Foremen Certificates issued by the Department.
- Current License Card
*Note: If you received an Intent not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing Unit to begin the renewal process.*
- $75.00 renewal fee – paid at the time of renewal
- $125.00 late renewal fee (includes $75.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid for at the time of renewal
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
*Note: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card.*