Insurance Tracking Number
UPDATE: New License Application Requirement
NOTE: The Licensing & Exams Unit will not be accepting any walk-in transactions, mailed or emailed submissions for this process.
To obtain an Insurance Tracking Number, provide the first and last name of the owner and submit the documents via the DOB NOW Portal. Applicants that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form.
Please see the New License Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Original Workers' Compensation Certificate
- U26.3 – Certificate of Workers' Compensation Insurance (NYS Insurance Fund only)
- C105.2 (09/17) – Certificate of Workers' Compensation Insurance
- GSI 105.2 (02/02) – Certificate of Participation in Workers' Compensation
Original Disability Insurance Certificate with business phone number and Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- DB 120.1 (09/17) – Certificate of Compliance with Disability Benefits Law
- DB 120.1 (10/17) – Certificate of Compliance with Disability Benefits Law
- DB 120.1 (01/18) – Certificate of Compliance with Disability Benefits Law
Make sure to include the Contractor’s name and phone number on the certificates
Must provide proof of EIN #: acceptable forms; (SS-4, Application of Authority or Confirmation letter from IRS)
With a tracking number, you are permitted to do all work except the following:
- New building construction
- Demolition work
- Work involving the placement of 2,000 cubic yards or more of concrete
- Vertical or Horizontal alterations that add more than 25% to the floor area of an existing building
- Alteration work that adds three or more stories
- Alteration work that removes more than 50% of an existing building’s floor area
- Alteration work to remove one or more floors