Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE) Forms

Application forms are available below.

How to Apply

Download and submit the appropriate form from the list below.

  • New applicants: Use the SCRIE initial application.
  • Renewing applicants: Use the SCRIE renewal application or, if you have been in the program for five or more consecutive benefit periods, the short-form renewal application.
  • To update your information or take other actions: Choose the appropriate document from the "Other forms and applications" list.

How to Get Help

Contact us, call 311, or schedule a virtual appointment.

Use these applications if you are applying for SCRIE for the first time:

SCRIE Initial Application – Online (for instructions and other information, visit the NYC Tenant Access Portal page)

SCRIE Initial Application

اللغة العربية |    বাঙালি | 中文 | français | kreyòl ayisyen | 한국어 | Polski
 | русский | español | اردو


If you need help accessing Department of Finance (DOF) programs and services or need more time because of a disability or physical or mental impairment, you can request additional time to file or obtain other assistance.

To request more time or other assistance, you may call 311, write to DOF, schedule a virtual appointment or complete a "Request for an Extension of Time Due to a Disability or Physical or Mental Impairment." This form is also available by contacting 311. You may need to submit medical documentation supporting your request.

If an extension of time or other request for assistance is approved, you will need to submit all renewal documents and meet all of the program's eligibility requirements.