When it comes to making change at the local level, the smallest actions can spur the biggest changes. Your participation in the NeON’s helps ensure that we strengthen communities and save lives. Volunteer onsite at one of our network of citywide neighborhood offices. Volunteering opens the door to incredibly rewarding experiences—both for you and those you serve. Or help out with our series of events and town halls we host all year round. Show your support with a donation of products and or services.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you sign up:
- Do you love sports, arts or outdoor pursuits, or would you rather be involved in issues pertaining to local issues?
- Do you prefer working with young people, or older adults?
- How much time can you give?
- Can you serve during the week, or does your schedule limit the amount of time you can commit?
- Can you make a commitment of a minimum of six months?
- Is service a way for you to get practical training and experience to help you get a job, or to get certification or credentials for a current job or educational pursuit?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience, building skills, helping people, working on a team, making friends?
- Where and how do you want to serve?
- Would you like to work with someone on a one-on-one basis, such as mentoring a teen or helping an adult learn to read?
- Do you prefer working in a group—as part of a team?
Ready to Join? Contact NeON