Whether you are looking to report an issue, contact billing, or inquire about a particular service, you can find different ways to contact us here.

General Inquiries

If you have a general inquiry and are located in New York City, please call 311. If you are not located in New York City, call 212-639-9675. For the hearing impaired, TTY Services are available at 212-504-4115.

You can also submit your inquiry by mail to:
Department of Environmental Protection
Customer Service Center
59–17 Junction Boulevard, 13th Floor
Flushing, NY 11373

Contact Billing

For water and sewer billing inquiries and dispute resolution processes, call 718-595-7000 or Email Customer Service. For more information, visit Customer Service.

Property owners facing a lien sale can contact or 718-595-6628. Visit Overdue Water & Sewer Charges to learn more.

Report an Issue

To report non-emergency issues (such as discolored water or a noisy neighbor), call 311 or file a 311 report online. To learn more about reporting issues to DEP, visit Report an Issue.

To report water quality conditions in our upstate watershed areas, call 888-426-7433.

If you are experiencing an emergency, dial 911.

Media Inquiries

If you are member of the media, you can reach out to our press office at or 718-595-6600. You can also submit your media inquiry in writing to:

NYC Department of Environmental Protection
Public Affairs & Communications
59–17 Junction Boulevard
19th Floor
Flushing, NY 11373

Film on DEP Property

For permission to film on DEP property please email with your name and contact information.

Contact the Commissioner

If you would like to reach out to our Commissioner, please use our Email the Commissioner form.

Subscribe for Email Updates

To receive our newsletter, Weekly Pipeline, or DEP press releases, visit Subscribe for Email Updates.

Other Requests

To make a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request, visit OpenRECORDS. If you would like to submit your request by mail, Download the FOIL Request Form.

To report City employees and contractors engaged in corrupt or fraudulent activities or unethical conduct, Contact the New York City Department of Investigation.

If you would like to reach out to our Equal Employment Opportunity Office, please email