Local Law 159 of 2017 requires your building owner to post or distribute a Safe Construction Bill of Rights (SCBR) at the same time a permit application for a major construction/renovation or emergency work is filed with DOB. Your building owner is required to notify you of the work by
- distributing the SCBR to all tenants, or
- posting the SCBR in a prominent location
- in the building lobby and on every floor within 10 feet of every elevator bank
- in a building with no elevator, within 10 feet of or inside every main stairwell.
The notice must remain posted until the permitted work is completed. The SCBR must include all the information below and it must be posted in English and made available in Spanish, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Chinese, Korean, and Russian, as necessary:
- a description of the type of work being done and the locations in the building where the work will take place
- the hours of construction
- a projected timeline for the completion of the work
- a description of the amenities or essential services that are anticipated to be unavailable or interrupted during the work and how the owner will minimize interruption;
- contact information, including a telephone number, for an agent or employee of the owner who can be reached for non-emergency matters pertaining to the work being performed
- contact information, including a telephone number, for an agent or employee of the owner who can be reached for emergency matters pertaining to the work being performed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the period of construction; and
- contact information for the relevant City and State agencies where occupants may submit complaints or ask questions about the work being performed.