Site Safety Coordinator Certification Renewal
To renew your Site Safety Coordinator Certification, renewal applications must be submitted online at nyc.gov/dobnow. The Licensing & Exams Unit is not accepting any walk-in transactions, or paper applications for this process.
STEP 1: Renewal Application Submission
Site Safety Coordinators must submit all required documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal. Site Safety Coordinators that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Site Safety Coordinators must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
NOTE: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for Step-by-Step directions.
- Original, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- If the home address has changed, please submit a recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement, lease, or deed with the Licensee’s name and address.
- Completed, typewritten LIC34: Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- LIC62: Physical Examination Form signed by a physician, must be completed within 90 days prior to submission
- Copy of your 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher/Chapter 33 Course certificate (Course must have been completed within one (1) year prior to renewal submission).
- Completed Child Support Certification Form
- Copy of current/expired Department of Buildings certification card
- $50.00 Renewal Fee – paid at the time of renewal submission via the online portal
- $100.00 Late Renewal Fee (includes $50.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time of renewal submission via the online portal
NOTE: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-90 days before the expiration date indicated on your certification card
STEP 3: Obtaining the Certification Card
You will receive your certification card by mail.