License Renewal: Tower/Climber Crane Rigger
To renew your Tower Crane Rigger License, renewal applications must be submitted online at nyc.gov/dobnow. The Licensing & Exams Unit is not accepting any walk-in transactions, or paper applications for this process.
STEP 1: Renewal Application Submission
Tower Crane Riggers must submit all required documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal. Tower Crane Riggers that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Tower Crane Riggers must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
NOTE: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for Step-by-Step directions.
- Original, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- Completed, typewritten LIC34: Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- Completed Child Support Certification Form
- DOB Approved 8-Hour Tower Crane Rigger Course Certificate (course must have been taken within one (1) year prior to renewal)
- Copy of current/expired Department of Buildings Tower Crane Rigger License card
- Completed Buildings Physical Examination Form (LIC61) signed by a physician (must be completed within 90 days prior to submission)
- Typed and notarized letter from the licensee listing the name, address and telephone number of the laboratory that performed the substance abuse test and a statement giving consent for the laboratory to the release such information to the Department upon request.
- Proof of Compliance with substance abuse provisions
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, State ID, or Passport)
- $50.00 Renewal Fee – paid at the time of renewal submission via the online portal
- $100.00 Late Renewal Fee (includes $50.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time of renewal submission via the online portal
NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-90 days before the expiration date indicated on your license card
STEP 3: Obtaining Your License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.