Class 1 Filing Representative Registration Renewal
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
License holders who qualify for online license renewal must submit their application via the DOB NOW portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobnow. To be eligible for online license renewal submission, the applicant must authenticate or create an eFiling account using the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling.
Step 2: Submit Application & Supporting Documents
To complete the online renewal process, Class 1 Filing Representatives must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
*NOTE: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.*
Supporting documents include:
- Original, typewritten LIC8 Filing Representative Application (LIC8 must be signed)
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Signed Code of Conduct receipt (must have your Filing Representative ID # printed on the receipt)
- $150.00 renewal fee – paid via the online portal via the online portal
- $200.00 late renewal fee – (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) paid via the online portal via the online portal
*NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.*
- Copy of your Certificate of Completion for the Department-approved 16-hour course, if not already submitted
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
- Avoid delays in processing your renewal application. Documents not submitted as requested will not be processed and your application will be returned to you.
- Once a Filing Representative’s identification card has expired or a new one has been issued, the prior or expired ID may no longer be used.