The Vascular Service at Queens Hospital is a comprehensive center specifically designed for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with circulatory problems. The service combines appropriate evaluation of the patient with a state-of-the-art Vascular Lab, complete with board-certified Vascular Attending interpretations, and revolutionary diagnostic equipment.
The Queens Hospital Vascular Service specializes in providing consummate medical and supportive care. Services include:
- Outpatient Ambulatory Services (e.g. treatment of varicose veins)
- State-of-the-Art Vascular Lab with board-certified interpretations
- Angiography, including angioplasty and stenting to reopen blocked arteries
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography and CT Angiography
- Private Interventional Suite offering same-day ambulatory procedures
- Patient Coordinator to address patient scheduling needs
Our minimally invasive philosophy in the treatment of vascular disease includes unblocking of blood vessels utilizing groundbreaking endovascular techniques (procedures done inside a blood vessel or artery), and percutaneous thrombectomy (removal of a blood clot by way of a catheter inserted via small incision or introducer). Those patients requiring surgical intervention will benefit from our hospital's internationally renowned affiliation with Mount Sinai. Surgery is available on a round-the-clock basis.
Open Intervention at the Vascular Center includes:
- Hemodialysis access and intervention
- Bypass surgery of the extremities
- Carotid Endarterectomy, or the surgical removal of a thickened carotid arterial lining in order to improve blood circulation
- Placement of inferior vena cava filters to prevent lung embolism
To make an appointment with the Queens Hospital Vascular Service, please call (718) 883-2331.