Tickets in Judgment

If you do not pay or dispute your ticket within approximately 100 days, it will go into judgment. This means the City takes the legal step of entering a default judgment against you for the entire amount plus penalties and interest. The City can take steps to collect the debt, such as sending your debt to a collection agency or seizing assets. If you have more than $350 of tickets in judgment, your vehicle could be booted or towed.

You can request a hearing for a ticket in judgment only if it is less than one year from the date the ticket went into judgment. To request a hearing, the registered owner or an eligible representative must first submit a Parking / Camera Violations Request for Hearing After Judgment form. A judge will determine whether or not to grant your request. For the judge to grant your request, you must prove that you have a valid defense to the violation. You must also give a good reason why you could not respond before the ticket went into judgment.

If the Request for Hearing After Judgment is granted, a judge will hear your defense to the parking ticket or camera violation. Please note that you will not be able to request an adjournment. If the judge decides not to grant a hearing for your tickets in judgment, you will have to pay any outstanding amount due.

Request a Hearing Online

Military Request for Relief

Active military personnel may request relief from the Lien Sale, Tax Warrants, Environmental Control Board judgments, and parking judgments.