Artist Certification

Under applicable state legislation and the City's Zoning Resolution, certification as a working artist is necessary in order for an individual to qualify for joint living-working space in the M1-MA and M1-MB zoning districts (SoHo NoHo). This permits fine artists working on a professional level who demonstrate a need for a live/work loft to reside in specific lofts zoned for manufacturing. Pursuant to the City's Zoning Resolution, the Department of Cultural Affairs has been designated as the certifying agency. Please click here for an application and additional information.

Get the application and additional information about the program.