Return to the Youth Leadership Council Homepage
Interested in joining the YLC? Apply now! *Fill out application online*
- Application Process: Interested youth must submit a completed application for review. Applications should include work experience, foster care/ juvenile justice experience, and professional references.
- Interview Process: selected youth will be interviewed by a Youth Engagement Specialist to further discuss qualifications.
- Training: selected youth will undergo a 6-week leadership intensive training. Youth will learn skills including effective communication, brainstorming, managing emotions, teamwork, and time management.
- Requirements: Once training is complete youth will begin to work with the Youth Leadership Council.
- Monthly meetings are mandatory.
- Trips/assemblies are optional but recommended.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Consistency & Dedication
For more information, please email: YLC@acs.nyc.gov