Reporting Changes to Income and Family Composition

To remain eligible for Housing Choice Voucher program (Section 8) assistance, you must complete your annual recertification every year, which incudes submitting all the required documents, and when required, allow your apartment to be inspected.

Annual Recertification

On an annual basis , you must submit income assets,expenses and household composition information to NYCHA to demonstrate continued elgibility for Section 8. NYCHA will notify you when it is time to submit the required forms and supporting documents. For your annual recertification you must complete and submit the Affidavit of Income, Third Party Verification (household members over 18 years of age or older) and all supporting documentation (i.e. proof of income, assets, expenses, student status for all hosuehold members). NYCHA will review and verify all the information submitted and will provide both you and the owner with a Voucher Change Notice that provide the amount of your share and the NYCHA share (subsidy) of the rent.

Interim Recertification

You may request an Interim Recertification if there is a change in your household's compostition, income, assests or expenses. Be sure your annual recertification is up to date, so we can accurately process the change. You may request an Interim Recertification quickly and easily through the Self-Service Portal using a smartphone, computer, tablet, or other internet-enabled device. If you do not have access to the internet, you can obtain the Voucher Holder's Request for Interim Change form by calling NYCHA’s Customer Contact Center at 718-707-7771.


Annual and Interim Recertification Checklist EnglishEspañol | 中文 (繁體 / 简体) | Русский

Section 8 Program - Annual and Interim Recertification Process
This video tutorial provides an overview of NYCHA’s annual and interim recertification process and requirements for participants in its Section 8 program.

How to Complete an Annual Recertification on the NYCHA Self Service Portal EnglishEspañol | 中文 (繁體 / 简体) | Русский

How to Complete an Interim Recertification on the NYCHA Self Service Portal
EnglishEspañol | 中文 (繁體 / 简体) | Русский