Already Paid or Dismissed Tickets

Before you contact the Department of Finance, first check the ticket numbers on each notice against your records.
If the Ticket Numbers on the Notice Match your Records of Payments:

Take your evidence to any Business Center, or send a letter of explanation and your proof of payment to the address below.

Submit copies, not originals, include:

  • front and back of your canceled check or canceled money order stub
  • your payment receipt
  • disposition slip
  • hearing decision, or stamped printout
Send them to:

New York City Department of Finance
Property and Parking Refunds Unit
59 Maiden Lane, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10038

You can also fax your documents to 212-232-1891.

If the Ticket Numbers do not Match
Respond timely by paying or challenging any outstanding ticket indicated in the notice. Visit the Payments page for payment options. If you believe a notice for any ticket was sent in error, contact 311 or Contact Us.