Get a Waiver

Get a Waiver

If you are a full-time City employee and want to work at a private company or not-for-profit organization that does business with any City agency, you need a moonlighting waiver from the Conflicts of Interest Board. If you are a part-time City employee, you need a waiver only if you want to work for a private company or not-for-profit organization that does business with your own City agency.

This Moonlighting Waiver Request Form allows you to begin the waiver process by submitting a request to your City agency. To use the form:

  1. Complete the questions below.
  2. Click 'Submit.'
  3. Print the confirmation for your records.
  4. If you experience technical difficulties, please e-mail
  5. If, after 30 days, you haven't received a response, you may send a follow-up email to

Your waiver request will be forwarded to your agency. Your request must be approved by your agency before COIB can consider the request.

Please provide the following information:

* Indicates required fields

Are you involved in any business dealings between your outside employer and the City?*
Will you communicate with any City agency in your outside job?*

Additional Questions for Specialized Employment

M/WBE Business

Are you an owner of an M/WBE or a business seeking M/WBE status?*

DOB Licenses and Permits

Will you be owning or working for a company involved in construction or skilled trades within the City?*


Will you be teaching at a college or university?*

Driving a For-Hire Vehicle

Will you be driving a for-hire vehicle, such as a taxi, livery car, or for Uber or Lyft, in New York City?*

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.