The BIC Rate Cap
BIC held a public hearing on Wednesday, October 11, 2023 on the subject of the maximum rate that may be charged by licensees for the collection, removal, disposal, or recycling of trade waste, also known as the "rate cap".
Public comments were due by November 13, 2023. Read the public comments submitted here.
Watch a recording of the hearing here.
September 5, 2023
Vision Zero Safety Notice Fall 2023
School is back in session!
- Drivers should be familiar with school zones.
- Stop for school bus lights.
- Obey crossing guards.
- Be careful around parked vehicles. Children who are waiting to cross may be especially difficult to see behind cars on the side of the road.
- Do not speed. The speed limit in most school zones during school times or when children are present is 25 miles per hour.
Operate Safely During Trade Waste Collection
- Drive ONLY on the correct side of the road, even if that means making additional turns.
- Stay clear of cross walks, bike lanes, and sidewalks.
- Adhere to designated truck routes.
- Exercise extreme caution during loading and unloading of containers. This should never occur while the vehicle is in motion or in close proximity to pedestrians and cyclists.
Reminder: BIC Online Driver/Helper Portal
- You can now disclose required driver and helper information through the BIC Online Portal to fulfill BIC’s requirements instead of submitting update forms. See the How-To Guide at this link.
- For disclosing employees other than drivers and helpers, please follow the normal process by sending updates to BIC’s Licensing Unit by mail or email.
Thank you for your continued attention to these matters.