Administration for Children's Services311Search all websites

Current Voucher Providers

Where Can I Find Information About Permits and Regulations?

The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) oversees permitting and health code regulations for child care in New York City. More information can be found at Child Care - Information for Operators.

How Do I Check the Status of a Payment for Child Care Services?

You can register at Child Care Payment Portal to see your paystubs. All you need is your six (seven) digit Provider (Program) Identification Number, the last 4 digits of your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), either your SSN or EIN, and your email address.

You can also reach out to the Child and Family Well-Being Call Center at 212-835-7610 to check on the status of payment.

How Do I Record Attendance?

Recording attendance is an important part of your responsibility as a child care provider. Starting September 2021, providers will record attendance via an online system called CAPS Online. This system can be accessed through a computer, smartphone, or tablet device, and will replace the existing phone system and paper attendance sheets.

More details can be found here: Child Care Attendance Processing System (CAPS Online).

How Do I Request a Payment Rate Increase?

Child care providers may be eligible to receive a higher payment for children in their care. The New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) establishes the maximum payment rates child care providers can receive in New York City. The 2022 Market Rates were updated on June 1, 2022. If your cost of care has increased, please submit one of the following attestation forms:

  • If you serve only children receiving child care assistance, submit the OCFS-6060 - Child Care Provider Attestation of Costs Form. Mail this form to ACS (address below).
  • If you serve both children receiving child care assistance and children who do not receive child care assistance (private pay), please use the NYC FS-023 Rate Increase Request Form for Providers with Both Subsidized and Private Pay Providers.
  • If you have a DOE contract, the payment rates for any additional infant, toddler or preschool children enrolled with an ACS or HRA voucher are determined by your DOE contract. No attestation is required.
  • If you have a DOE contract and also enroll school age children with an ACS or HRA voucher, please follow the directions above for submitting the OCFS-6060 or NYC FS-023.

Instructions can be found on each form. Please submit your signed attestation to or mail to: ACS Financial Services, 150 William Street, 10th floor, New York, NY 10038, Attn: Rate Adjustment Review Unit.

ACS is processing the forms and updating the rates as quickly as possible. Providers who have not submitted a rate increase since May 31, 2022 can currently submit a rate increase request retroactive to October 1, 2022. If you already submitted a rate request to ACS using the OCFS-6060 or the FS-023, please do not submit another request as this will increase processing times.

How Do I Join a Family Child Care Network?

Licensed/Registered Family Child Care Providers are eligible to become affiliated with a Family Child Care Network (FCCN). There are many benefits of joining a FCCN, including that home-based providers will be referred eligible children directly though their respective FCCN.

Family Child Care Networks are managed by New York City Department of Education (DOE). For more information on applying to join an FCCN, please contact the DOE Division of Early Childhood Education at

What Should I Do if My Contact Information or License Has Changed?

If your contact information has changed, please email  with your name, ACS provider/program ID number, and tell us the information that has changed. Include a copy of your new license.

If you license has changed or you have a new license, please email with your name, ACS provider/program ID number, and include a copy of your new license.

If you have any questions, please contact the Child and Family Well-Being Call Center at 1-212-835-7610.

What Should I Do if My TIN Has Changed?

The Taxpayer Identification Number ("TIN"), name and address you provided ACS on the IRS Form W-9 should be correct and identical to the information on file with the IRS. Your TIN is your Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you are an established business or your social security number if you are an individual providing child care.

If your TIN, name or address has changed, you must complete a new IRS form W-9 (which can be downloaded from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website at and submit to

Please note that failure to comply with this requirement will result in 28% backup withholding as per IRS regulations.