The Metropolitan Hospital Center Community Advisory Board (CAB) serves as a link between the hospital and the community, facilitating access to quality healthcare.
The CAB is committed to:
- Providing a vital perspective on the development of facility plans and meaningful programs to meet the community’s needs,
- Establishing and maintaining communications with all organizations within the service communities regarding Metropolitan Hospital Center’s needs,
- Obtaining information regarding Metropolitan Hospital Center’s needs, service areas and programs.
The CAB works closely with the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) Office of Intergovernmental Relations. They consult and provide advice to the hospital’s administration as well as to the Community Relations Committee of HHC’s Board of Directors regarding the health needs of the community. The CAB also has the responsibility to help ensure that the community is kept informed of the goals, objectives and significant issues of the Corporation and Metropolitan Hospital Center.
General Monthly Meetings
CAB members serve on various monthly committees and host a monthly general meeting on the first Thursday of each month with the hospital’s executive leadership and interested community residents and representatives. All meetings are open to the public.
All meetings are held at Metropolitan Hospital Center, 1901 First Avenue at 97th Street, unless otherwise noted. Meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Next Full Board Meeting, Thursday, 5/1, 6:00 PM (Room 1B35)
- Mental Health Committee, Wednesday, 4/16, 6:30 PM (Room 1B36)
- Patient Care Committee, Tuesday, 4/22, 6:00 PM (Room 1B36)
- Membership Committee, Wednesday, 4/23, 6:00 PM (Room 1B36)
- Program & Planning Committee, Wednesday, 4/23, 7:00 PM (Room 1B36)
- Executive Committee, Thursday, 4/24, 6:00 PM (Room 1B36)
- Development Committee, Thursday, 4/24, 6:30 PM (Room 1B36)
Please note dates and locations are subject to change.
2014 Legislative Breakfast
The Community Advisory Board hosted its annual legislative breakfast on Friday, March 14, in the hospital's 6th floor auditorium. This year's theme was A Better Future is a Healthier Community. The well-attended event included informative presentations from NY State Assemblymember Richard Rodriguez, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer, NYC Council Member Inez Dickens and NYC Council Member Ben Kallos.
Becoming a Member
Members of the hospital community who are interested in joining the CAB may submit an application to email@example.com or mail to
Metropolitan Hospital Center Community Advisory Board
1901 First Avenue, Room 1B30-1
New York, NY 10029
For more information, please contact 212-423-7222,
212-423-7083, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download an Application Form (in PDF)
Community Advisory Board Members (2013-2014)
Jewel Jones, Chair
J. Edward Shaw, 1st Vice Chair
Carmen Vasquez, 2nd Vice Chair
Stacey Brecher, Secretary
Jacqueline Ludorf, Treasurer
Charles Mighty, RN, Employee Representative
David L. Giordano
Antonio Rivera, Jr.