Bellevue has been in the forefront of HIV care in the United States since 1981 when our doctors first reported one of the first three cases of unexplained immunodeficiency. Accredited by the New York State AIDS Institute as a Designated AIDS Center (DAC), Bellevue provides care to thousands of HIV-positive men, women, adolescents and children each year.
Our convenient ‘one-stop shopping’ service includes:
- Primary care
- On-site specialty services (gynecological, pulmonary and psychiatric)
- Referrals for and oral health care
- Mental health and child development services
- Social work and intensive case management
- Nursing care and education
- Treatment adherence support
- Harm reduction
- Support groups
- Nutritional care
Patients have access to clinical trials through the NYU/Bellevue AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (ACTU).
HIV counseling and testing services are available free of charge. We actively link patients who test positive to medical care, support services, and benefits. Our rapid testing program makes results available in under one hour.
Location: Fourth Floor, Administration Building (“A” Building)
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.