Bellevue draws patients from throughout the New York City area and serves a diverse patient population.
Beds in operation: 828Awards and Honors
Clinic visits: 527,589
Emergency room visits: 125,798
Inpatient discharges: 31,234
Full time employees: 4,298
Operating Budget: $726 million
- The Bellevue Emergency Department is the highest level designated hospital for trauma, neurological trauma, amputations requiring re-implantation, pediatric cardio-cooling and poisonings.
- Bellevue is the designated Level IIIB Regional Perinatal Center setting a standard of excellence for patient centered prenatal care.
- Bellevue’s Children’s Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Service is the only one of its kind in New York State.
- The Bellevue Center for Obesity and Weight Management, Bellevue Hospital, and Surgeon Manish Parikh are designated by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery as Centers of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery
- Diabetes Team recognized by the American Diabetes Association and the National Committee for Quality Assurance for the delivery of quality diabetes care.
- Adult Medicine Clinic recognized as a Level 3 (highest rating) patient-centered medical home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.