Licensing and Standards Appointment Scheduling
Use NYC TLC Online Appointment System to schedule an appointment for the following:
- Changes to a Street Hail Livery permit such as:
- Affiliate to a Base;
- Transfer to a new SHL Base;
- Update ownership, address or contact information;
- Submit a For-Hire Vehicle, Paratransit, or Commuter Van plate transfer application (for new TC plates) or vehicle transfer application (changes the vehicle associated with the vehicle license);
- Update the name or picture on your TLC driver license or request a replacement license (credential replacement);
Update to scheduling your LIC appointment
Effective immediately, 11/28/2022, all individual licensees visiting our scheduling system will be required to create an account with a password. Once your account is created you will be allowed to login and schedule your appointment.
Appointments are required for the following transactions at our LIC office:
- Plate / vehicle transfer – replace plates due to storage removal, lost, stolen, damaged plates or vanity plates needs to be replaced by TC plates; change the vehicle associated with the current vehicle license
- Driver license replacements – replace your TLC driver license if lost, stolen, damaged or after a legal name change
- Medallion transactions - replace plates due to storage removal, lost, stolen, damaged plates; change the vehicle associated with the medallion; place medallion in storage; update Agent
- SHL transactions – renew SHL permit; change the vehicle and/or base associated to the permit; place SHL in storage
Steps to Create your Account:
Step 1. Click on “Create an Account”
Step 2. Enter all required fields(*)
- To ensure you have a strong password, please click on the link “Strong Password Rules”
- Once you’ve entered all required fields, click on “Create Account”
- You will then be directed to the scheduling page where you will enter your e-mail address and password.
- When you’ve created your password, you must sign in to make your appointment.
**PLEASE KEEP YOUR PASSWORD IN A SAFE PLACE & DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE
NOTE: You can only make one appointment at a time. This means if you have an upcoming appointment for a vehicle transfer, you will not be able to make another appointment until you’ve finished or cancel that appointment.
For a detailed guide on how to use the scheduling site read TLC Licensing Online Self Scheduling Guide (PDF).
Information needed when scheduling an appointment:
- Full name:
- Telephone/cell phone number
- Valid email address
- TLC License number (for current licensees).
An appointment confirmation with the date and time of your appointment will be sent to the email address you provided to TLC. Keep this email for your records.
Information to bring (to TLC) on the day of your appointment:
- Your appointment confirmation email. Appointments are not processed without it.
- A completed and signed application.
- All required documents.
Cancellation / Rescheduling of appointments
To reschedule or cancel an appointment, it must be changed at least forty-eight (48) hours before the appointment. To reschedule / change your appointment, you must use the link within the original appointment confirmation email. Click the link in the email and follow the instructions. An email containing the cancellation confirmation / confirming the rescheduled date and time will be sent to your email address.