Changes During Benefit Period

Moving To Another Apartment?

If you move to another rent regulated apartment, you must submit an “Apartment Benefit Transfer Application” located on the DRIE and SCRIE Forms page.

If you are still eligible at your new address, the amount of the tax abatement credit will not change. However, your frozen rent amount will change depending on your new legal rent amount.

How We Determine Your New Frozen Rent Amount

The amount of credit your landlord was receiving for your old apartment will be applied to your new apartment. See the example below:

Old apartment rental vs. New apartment rental