SYEP Emerging Leaders
Emerging Leaders is designed to provide SYEP opportunities to youth ages 14 to 24 who face at least one of the following employment barriers: homeless or runaway youth, justice-involved youth, youth in or aging out of foster care, youth in families who are receiving preventive services through NYC’s Administration for Children’s Services (ACS).
The Emerging Leaders Program is based on agency partnerships that help youth to navigate life's challenges and empower them through a project /work-based lens.
Special programming available for NYC youth through various service options:
*Youth must receive a direct referral from their support agency.
- DOE-ACCESS • DOE- Students in Temporary Housing
- DOE-D75 • End Domestic and Gender Based Violence
- DOE-D79 • HRA – Cash Assistance through Business Link
- DOE-LYFE • Runaway Homeless Youth
- Young people aged 14—15 can participate in paid project-based activities which will help them explore different career opportunities
- Young people aged 16—24 can apply for paid summer jobs in a variety of industries throughout NYC.
Must face one of the listed employment barriers below to be served
- Must be a resident of the five boroughs of NYC.
- Legally allowed to work in the United States.
- Must be referred by affiliated agency support staff
- Homeless & Runaway (Residing in Shelters)
- Justice/Court Involved
- Foster Care
- Receiving Preventive Services through ACS