Vaccine Records

[ Ver esta página en español ]

The NYC Health Department's Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) collects New Yorkers' vaccine records to help ensure that people receive life-saving immunizations, to monitor vaccination rates and to protect public health.

  • Children younger than 19 years: The vaccine record contains all immunizations reported by their NYC health care providers. Providers are required by law to make these reports.

  • Adults: Immunizations may be reported by their NYC health care provider with the patient’s consent.

The vaccine record is official and may be submitted to child care centers, schools, camps and employers.

Immunization records are for people born in NYC after 1995 and records for adults who consent to have their vaccinations reported by their health care provider. Providers in NYC must report all COVID-19 and flu vaccinations to the Health Department.

Request a Record


Individuals, parents and legal guardians can get their CIR immunization record and also check which vaccines they may need. You can search for your or your child's immunization record by visiting My Vaccine Record. To learn how to access records, click on that site’s “Accessing Records” tab.

If a child's health care provider has listed you as the parent/guardian in the CIR, you may access their record. Each time your child gets vaccinated, be sure to ask the provider to update or confirm the parent/guardian contact information in the CIR.

Most immunization records in the CIR were reported by health care providers in NYC.

By Mail or Fax

If you cannot request a vaccine record online, you can apply for a record by mailing or faxing the completed application below.

You may also call 311 to request that a copy of the application be mailed to you. Record requests by mail or fax take about two weeks to process. For more information, email CIR at Do not send personal identifying information over email.

No Record Found

If your record is not found in the CIR (or it contains no immunizations), you should contact your health care provider and ask them to report your immunization history and future immunizations to the CIR. The provider can call the Provider Access Line at 866-692-3641 for more information.

New Residents

If you or your child were not born in the city, your provider will need a copy of the immunization history to add to the CIR record. You should contact your or your child's previous health care provider, or the last school you or your child attended, for your immunization records. The state where you previously lived may also have your records in its immunization registry.

If you moved to the city from elsewhere in New York State, the immunization record may already be in the CIR. You should contact your or your child's previous health care provider, the last school you or your child attended, the New York State Department of Health, or your local (county) health department for your immunization records.

Lifetime Health Records

The NYC Health Department does not provide Lifetime Health Records (commonly known as "yellow cards").

Our immunization records do not replace individual or parent-maintained immunization records, such as the Lifetime Health Record. You and your provider should continue to use this record if you have it.

Additional Resources

More Information