Do you need an accommodation in order to receive services provided by the Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB)?

Please contact if you need an accommodation to file a CCRB complaint or to attend your appointment. If you already filed a complaint with the CCRB, please speak to the investigator assigned to your case about any accommodations you need to fully participate in the process.

Services Provided

Language Access

The City of New York is committed to ensuring that New Yorkers who have limited English proficiency (LEP) and/or are deaf or hard of hearing are able to access information, programs, and services offered by the CCRB.

Readily available services include:
  • Language line assistance with highly trained experts in multiple languages
  • Multilingual CCRB staff members that can translate and assist with reading and completing forms
  • Advanced technology in the Real-Time Text (RTT) system, compatible with IOS smartphones and android devices
  • Multilingual outreach presentations to share CCRB resources with New Yorkers (You can request an outreach presentation here.)
  • ASL interpreters and CART services at monthly CCRB board meetings

Disability Access

The CCRB office is ADA accessible.
If you are unable to come to our office, the agency makes every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. Reasons for requesting an accommodation may include but is not limited to those with mobility issues, developmental or learning disabilities, mental health or medical conditions.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I ask for reasonable accommodation?

Designated Disability Services Facilitator
Jeanine Marie
Deputy Executive Director for Administration
Civilian Complaint Review Board
100 Church Street, 10th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Phone: 212-912-2092
Fax: 646-500-6147

Language Access Coordinator
Edwin Peña

Anti-Discrimination Policy

CCRB is committed to ensuring meaningful access to programs and services for people with disabilities consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and other laws.

What if I feel I've been treated unfairly because of my disability?

If you think you or someone in your family has been discriminated against at HRA because of a disability you may send a complaint by letter, fax, or email to:
Yojaira Alvarez
100 Church Street, 10th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Phone: 212-912-7275

What should I include if I make a complaint?

  • Your name, mailing address, and telephone number
  • Your CCRB case number, if you have it
  • A description of what happened and where and when it happened
  • The names and job titles of CCRB employees involved, if you have them