Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
New York State Law requires that employers of one or more employees must conduct sexual harassment prevention training for all employees each year. New York City Law also has training requirements for employers. To learn about NYC requirements, please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
The Commission has developed an online training that will satisfy both the New York State and New York City sexual harassment prevention training requirements.
- In NYC, employers must keep a record of employees’ training and must retain records for three years.
- At the end of this training, you will get a certificate of completion.
- If you are taking this training on a desktop computer or laptop, you will be able to print or save the certificate to your computer. At the end of the training, you must click the “SAVE” button first in order to generate your certificate of completion.
- If you are on a mobile device, you can use the device’s capabilities to take a screenshot, save, or email the certificate.
- Your employer should tell you before you take the training how they want to receive the certificate.
- Please note: When you are taking the training, you cannot save your progress. Do not refresh the page, as you may lose your place and have to restart the training.
- The training takes approximately 45 minutes.
- You can take the training on a computer or a phone.
- This training requires Chrome 67 (or later), Firefox 66.0.4 (or later), or Safari 11.1.1 (or later).
- Accessibility features for users with disabilities include:
- audio descriptions and closed captioning
- alt-text for the images and the icons
Required Postings and Fact Sheets:
New York City employers of 15 or more, or 1 or more domestic workers, are required to do both items below in addition to the annual training:
Note: New York State requires that all employers have a sexual harassment prevention policy. The State Department of Labor has published a model policy.