Black History Month Celebrations at HHC Hospitals
During the month of February, HHC hospitals have scheduled many events to salute our 17,300 employees of African American descent with various programs and exhibits that recognize the important cultural contributions of African Americans in the U.S. and New York City.
Listed below are some of the events that you can enjoy at HHC hospitals this month.
Jacobi Medical Center, 1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, New York 10461:
- Jazz Legend Sarah McLawler, Atrium, Building 8, Thursday, Feb 13, 12:30 PM
Lincoln Hospital, 234 East 149th Street, Bronx, New York 10451:
- Black History Month Celebration, Auditorium, Tuesday, Feb.4, 4-7 PM
- Black History Month Talent Show, Auditorium, Thursday, Feb 20, 4-7 PM
- Black History Month Gospel Night, Auditorium, Friday, Feb 28, 4-7 PM
North Central Bronx Hospital, 3424 Kossuth Avenue, Bronx, New York 10467:
- Jazz Legend Sarah McLawler, 17th Floor Cafeteria, Thursday, Feb 6, 12:30 PM
Coney Island Hospital, 2601 Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn, New York 11235:
- Black History Month Lecture, 2nd Fl Kane Auditorium, Wednesday, Feb 12, 1 PM
- Black History Month Live Music, 2nd Fl Kane Auditorium, Wednesday, Feb 26, 11:30 AM
Bellevue Hospital Center, 462 First Avenue, New York, New York 10016
- The Tuskegee Airmen, Atrium, Thursday, Feb 20, 12:30-1:30 PM
Metropolitan Hospital Center, 1901 First Avenue, New York, New York 10029:
- Tea Party: Commemorating Civil Rights in America, Room 1B 35, Friday, Feb 14, 12-1 PM. Attend our 3rd Annual Tea Party, with exotic teas and homemade desserts. The admission is free for women wearing fancy hats and men donning bowties. The cost for all others is $3.
- Food for the Soul Cooking Competition, Room 3M8, Friday, Feb 21, 12-1 PM. Metropolitan employees will show off their cooking skills for a chance to win a prize.
- David Norman Dinkins, Keynote Speaker at Black History Month Closing Ceremony, 6th Floor Auditorium, Wednesday, Feb 26, 12-1 PM.
Elmhurst Hospital Center, 79-01 Broadway, Elmhurst, New York 11373:
- Film Series- Eyes on the Prize, Scandalize My Name, Auditorium, Thursday, Feb 6, 11 AM - 5 PM
- Film Series- Michael Jackson: Life of an Icon, Auditorium, Thursday, Feb 13, 11 AM - 2 PM
- Moving Forward, Auditorium, Thursday, Feb 20, 12-2 PM. Guest speakers.
- Film Series- Winnie Mandela, Auditorium, Monday, Feb 24, 7 AM to 2:50 PM and Tuesday, Feb 25, 6PM to 7:50 PM