Our telehealth initiative means the healthcare you need is literally just a phone call away. Telehealth describes healthcare that we deliver using a phone call or email. For patients with diabetes, we help monitor your readings remotely and work with you if your numbers are too high.
Telehealth for Diabetic Patients in New York City
Patients enrolled in our telehealth program experience life-changing care. If you have high levels of blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure, our nursing staff helps bring your numbers back to controlled levels. We work with you to manage your diabetes so you feel healthier and more active. Plus, you can feel reassured that help is always nearby.
How telehealth for diabetes works:
- You receive a glucometer that connects to a telephone modem.
- The equipment measures blood sugar, weight and blood pressure.
- You push a button to send the information through our toll-free line to our Health & Home Care nurses.
- We evaluate your numbers. Readings that are outside acceptable levels trigger an automatic alert.
- We call you and work with you to get your readings back to a controlled level, avoiding a health crisis.
Helping Diabetic Patients Manage Their Care
Our telehealth program is an example of our patient-centered approach, helping you take charge of your own care. We empower you to take steps to live a healthier lifestyle, avoid medical crises and stay out of the hospital. Our telehealth initiative, along with our Home Health Agency, help diabetic patients get healthy right from home. Learn more about our Home Health Agency.
Patients in our telehealth program receive personalized nursing care without ever having to leave home. We will call you once a week or more to discuss:
- Your levels
- Weekly meal plans
- Strategies to control your weight, blood sugar and blood pressure
Learn more about diabetes care at HHC, including support groups. Visit our online resource, the Diabetes Wellness Center.
Learn more about our telehealth program and how to enroll. Call an HHC hospital or health center near you.