The Department of Psychiatry at Elmhurst Hospital Center is proud to provide an array of behavioral and mental health services to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
Services provided encompass many levels, including:
- emergency services for adults & children/adolescents
- acute care hospitalization for adults & children/adolescents
- ambulatory behavioral health services for adults & children/adolescents
- community oriented services for adults & children/adolescents
We use a multidisciplinary approach coordinated by our staff of psychiatrists in the delivery of therapeutic care to our patients. The multidisciplinary staff includes psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses & nurse practitioners, social workers, psychologists, activity therapists, caseworkers, and therapy aides. The aim of treatment by the multidisciplinary psychiatry team is the focused resolution of acute symptoms and community reintegration for the patient.
The Department of Psychiatry at Elmhurst Hospital Center has the following recognitions:
Affiliated with the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Accredited by the New York State Office of Mental Health
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Accredited for Magnet recognition status by the American Nursing Credentialing Commission
For more information on behavioral and mental health services at Elmhurst Hospital Center, please call 718.334.4000.