To qualify for the Rent Freeze Program, you must meet the following income requirements:
- When combined, the household income must be $50,000 or less, and
- Spend more than one-third of your monthly household income on rent.
- You must report income for yourself and for all members of your household, including all family members who lived in your apartment the year before your application:
- For example, if you apply in 2015, please submit income documentation for calendar year 2014.
- If you rent a bedroom to someone, you do not need to include his/her income. However, you must report the monthly amount you receive from rent as income.