Update (COVID-19 Change)
We Are Here For You
Free and confidential help for survivors of domestic and gender-based violence.
- Domestic Violence
- Family Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Dating Abuse
- Sexual Violence
- Human Trafficking
Call 311 or visit the New York City Family Justice Center (FJC) in the borough where you live (or one where you feel safest) to get connected.
- All are welcome regardless of language, income, gender identity, or immigration status.
- All Centers are open for in-person or remote services, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Search services and resources online at the NYC HOPE Resource Directory
- You can call 311 or the phone numbers listed below (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) to be connected to your nearest FJC. No appointment is needed.
You can call your nearest FJC (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
NYC Family Justice Center, Bronx
NYC Family Justice Center, Brooklyn
NYC Family Justice Center, Manhattan
NYC Family Justice Center, Queens
NYC Family Justice Center, Staten Island
How Can the Family Justice Centers Help?
NYC Family Justice Centers can help you with
- Planning for your safety
- Applying for public benefits, shelter, housing, and other support services and programs
- Mental health and counseling services for you and your children to support emotional well-being
- Referrals to job training and education programs, including educational workshops to help with budgeting, credit repair, resume writing, and interviewing skills
- Legal help for orders of protection, custody, visitation, child support, divorce, housing, and immigration
- Connecting to trained law enforcement, such as the NYPD, the NYC Sheriff's Office, and the District Attorney's Office
In the evenings or weekends
You can also:
- chat on a secure website with a Safe Horizon advocate who can offer information, advocacy and support through SafeChat on Monday to Friday, 1 pm to 6 pm (except for holidays)
- text confidentially with an advocate with the NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline at 844-997-2121.
Check our page for Resources For Survivors (COVID-19 Related)
For help with stress and anxiety please call NYC Well (888-692-9355) or text "WELL" to 65173.
For emergencies, call 911.