Update (COVID-19 Change)
We Are Here For You
The Family Justice Centers (FJC's) are open and providing free services and confidential assistance by phone and in person for victims and survivors of domestic and gender-based violence, which can include sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and intimate partner violence. All are welcome regardless of language, income, gender identity, or immigration status.
For in person services, you can call the Family Justice Center to make an appointment or walk into your nearest FJC if you cannot engage in remote services safely or effectively.
For remote services, you can call 311 or the phone numbers listed below to be connected to your nearest FJC. If you are asked and it is safe to do so, please leave us a message and someone will get back to you.
You can call your nearest FJC (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
NYC Family Justice Center, Bronx
NYC Family Justice Center, Brooklyn
NYC Family Justice Center, Manhattan
NYC Family Justice Center, Queens
NYC Family Justice Center, Staten Island
How Can the Family Justice Centers Help?
NYC Family Justice Centers can help you with
- Planning for your safety
- Applying for public benefits, shelter, housing, and other support services and programs
- Mental health and counseling services for you and your children to support emotional well-being
- Referrals to job training and education programs, including educational workshops to help with budgeting, credit repair, resume writing, and interviewing skills
- Legal help for orders of protection, custody, visitation, child support, divorce, housing, and immigration
- Connecting to trained law enforcement, such as the NYPD, the NYC Sheriff's Office, and the District Attorney's Office
In the evenings or weekends
- Call NYC's 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline (800-621-4673; TTY: 866-604-5350); or
- Visit the NYC HOPE Resource Directory online at www.nyc.gov/NYCHOPE
You can also:
- chat on a secure website with a Safe Horizon advocate who can offer information, advocacy and support through SafeChat on Monday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. (except for holidays)
- text confidentially with an advocate with the NYS Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline at 844-997-2121.
Check our page for Resources For Survivors During COVID-19
For help with stress and anxiety please call NYC Well (888-692-9355) or text "WELL" to 65173.
For emergencies, call 911.