Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings311Search all websites

Data / Records Requests

OATH provides transparency in its operations by making a large amount of information accessible to the general public. In this section, you will find several informational resources on the work conducted in the Trials Division and Hearings Division as well as information on how to request records.

Obtain Records


To get a copy of a summons, go to OATH’s Online Summons Finder. Note: Summons Finder currently does not have summonses issued by DCA, TLC or certain summonses issued by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, such as restaurant summonses.

Bills or Invoices

To get a bill or invoice of outstanding penalties, contact the Clerk’s Office using the Email the Clerk's Office Form and select Penalty/Payment Question on the “Message Topic” drop down menu at the top of the form. If your request is related to renewal of a license, you must appear at an OATH Hearings Center.

Trials Division Decisions or Hearings Division Appeals Decisions

Search for Trials Division decisions or Hearings Division appeals decisions in the New York Law School CityAdmin Online Library. If searching for Hearings Division appeals decisions, be sure to select the boxes for OATH Hearings and ECB Appeals before you submit your search to get the best search results. If you are searching using a summons number and your search is unsuccessful, enter the summons number again but with a space between every third digit (ex. 123 456 789X)

Additional Information about Summonses

The OATH Hearings Division Case Status dataset has information about the infraction charged, decision outcome, penalties imposed, payments, and other status information relating to a case. The summonses listed in this dataset are issued and filed at the OATH Hearings Division by City enforcement agencies. The dataset can be searched in numerous and various ways including but not limited to searches by name, address and summons number. The dataset can also be filtered by creating various search parameters and all data can exported into excel spreadsheets or other types of electronic files.

If you are the Respondent or are authorized by the Respondent:

Hearings Division Case Records

If you are the person named as the Respondent on a summons or authorized by the Respondent, to get your Hearings Division case records (other than summonses), use the Records Request Form and select Document Request on the “Topic” drop down list at the top of the form.

Audio Recordings

If you are the person named as the Respondent on a summons or authorized by the Respondent, to get an audio recording of a hearing when you are not appealing your case, contact the Clerk’s Office using this online form and select Request Audio Recordings on the “Message Topic” drop down menu at the top of the form.

To get an audio recording of a hearing because you are filing an appeal, use the One-Click Appeals Form and select Respondent’s Extension Request and option to request audio of hearing on the “Request Type” drop down menu at the top of the form.

If you are not the Respondent or you are not authorized by the Respondent:

If you need to request documents or audio recordings and you are not the Respondent or authorized by the Respondent to make the request, you must file your request under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL). Learn how to file a FOIL Request for records from OATH.

If you are not the respondent or authorized representative, OATH can process requests for copies of decisions - in English or other languages - if the request is only for the Hearing or Appeal Decision in a case, without requiring the requestor to file a FOIL request .You can send a request for a decision to In your email you must specify:

  • the summons number(s)
  • the respondent name
  • what language you want the decision in

Please note that nothing in the written translation shall serve as the basis for a cause of action against the City or constitute a defense in any judicial, administrative, or other proceeding. You may still appeal the decision if you disagree with it; however, the English version of the decision is the document of record that you would be appealing. Requesting a translation does not change or extend the deadlines related to your appeal filing.