Other Agency Charges

The Department of Finance collects some charges (fines, fees, etc.) for other City and State agencies.  If you disagree with another agency's charge, you must contact that agency directly. Finance does not have the ability to make changes to what other agencies are charging you. Information about what agency to contact is listed below.

Other Agency Charges Other Agencies
Boiler, elevator, hazardous substances, plumbing,  illuminated sign charges, and public assembly permits NYC Department of Buildings
Sidewalk installation and repair, fencing, and sidewalk assessments NYC Department of Design and Construction
Sewer connection, water liens, frontage, and meter / sewer NYC Department of Environmental Protection
Fire prevention inspection charges NYC Fire Department
Cleaning and extermination charges, inspections, sanitation, and stoppage NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
Emergency repairs, demolitions, heat and hot water violations, financial aid liens, shelter rent, Alternative Enforcement Program charges, and management and multi dwelling registration fees NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development
Rent stabilized apartment fees New York State Division of Housing & Community Renewal
Business Improvement District (BID) charges NYC Department of Small Business Services
Sidewalk Repairs (old) NYC Department of Transportation
Tax commission fees NYC Tax Commission

Pay online at our e-payment center.  If you are paying by mail, write checks or money orders to "NYC Department of Finance" and make sure to include your Property Tax Bill coupon in the envelope provided.  Clearly write the borough, block and lot number on the face of the check to make sure we apply it to the correct property.