- Brac Testing is a genetic test that will detect the genetic marker for breast cancer in women.
- NT Testing stands for Nuchal Translucency. It is a prenatal test that uses ultrasound to assess the risk for Down Syndrome (DS) and some other chromosomal abnormalities along with major congenital heart problems.
Women’s Health & Maternity Services
Women’s Health Services
- Pap tests
- Bone Density Testing
- Genetic Brac Testing
- Family Planning Services
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Programs
The Breast Health Center
The increasing rate of breast cancer makes good breast care a priority for all women. The Breast Health Center is dedicated to the prevention, care, and management of breast disease. We provide regular imaging through mammography and ultrasound. We also offer full treatment services provided by a team of physicians from Oncology, General Surgery, and Plastic Surgery, each of whom has expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
The Breast Health Center has received a three-year/full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
Read Press Release
- Prenatal Programs
- We have 24-hour rooming-in for your baby, and special visiting hours for siblings.
- A nutritionist is available to assist you in designing a diet, exercise, and wellness plan.
- Classes in the Lamaze child birthing method, breastfeeding, infant care, and parenting are offered.
- Social work services and insurance counseling are available.
- Regional Perinatal Service - We have Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists on staff for high risk pregnancies,
- Full range of genetic counseling and testing, including NT screening
- For more information about Lamaze classes or for a tour of our beautiful maternity suites, please call (718) 918-6391.
- To view the Lamaze class schedule, click here.