Social Workers Honored
||Milly S. Toro
Six HHC social workers were among 22 social workers citywide who were honored recently by the Latino Social Work Task Force of the New York City Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. The association recognizes people who exemplify leadership in the provision of culturally and linguistically competent social work services for New York City's diverse and rapidly-growing Latino community. The recognition happens every year during Social Work Month in March.
The HHC recipients are:
- Sandra Chaiken, LCSW, Network Director of Social Work, North Bronx Healthcare Network
- Theodora Davis, LCSW-R, Social Worker Supervisor, Queens Hospital Center
- Fernando Gudel, Caseworker, Coney Island Hospital
- Karina Loayza, LCSW, Social Work Supervisor, Elmhurst Hospital Center
- Theresa Pier, LMSW, Palliative Care Social Worker/Social Work Supervisor, Harlem Hospital Center
- Milly S. Toro, LCSW-R, Associate Director of Social Work, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
"On behalf of our entire organization, I congratulate each honoree, and offer heartfelt thanks to all HHC social workers for contributions that enable hope and empowerment for patients and families in need," said HHC President Alan D. Aviles.