Emergency Broadband Benefit
New Yorkers only have until December 31 to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit for up to $50 off their monthly internet bill. After December, New Yorkers can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program for $30 off their monthly internet bill (New Yorkers with the Emergency Broadband Benefit who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program will be automatically enrolled in the new program).
Help us to spread the word about the Emergency Broadband Benefit enrollment deadline!
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) gives a temporary discount on your household's monthly broadband internet service if you are eligible. Participating broadband providers will apply this discount to your broadband plan.
If eligible, your household can receive:
- Up to $50/month discount on internet plans and equipment rentals. Internet service can be bundled with voice service.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (you will need to pay a copay between $10 and $50
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
Your household may be eligible if someone in the household:
- Lost their job or were furloughed, or
- Receives SNAP, Medicaid, or other benefits, or
- Meets income guidelines, or
- Goes to a school where they receive free or reduced price lunch and breakfast
- You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible. If you do not have a Social Security Number (SSN), you can provide other documents.
How to Apply: Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application they will ask you to complete. Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Download graphics (Available in 10+ languages!)
Suggested Posting Text
- 📣 Last chance: Get a discount on your Internet bill! Apply before the end of the year and be automatically enrolled in a federal program that will keep your internet affordable for years to come! https://getemergencybroadband.org/
- LAST CALL: Want help reducing the cost of Internet service? Apply now and qualify for up to $50 off your monthly bill until March 1st, 2022. After that, you'll receive $30 a month off for long-term service and affordability! https://getemergencybroadband.org/
- Get up to $50 now, $30 later!
Need help keeping the Internet on? Apply before the end of the year and get $50 off your monthly bill until March 1st, 2022. After that, you'll receive a subsidy of $30 a month for long-term service and affordability! https://getemergencybroadband.org/