Contact the Corporation Counsel

Contact the Corporation Counsel

Before you send a message to the Corporation Counsel, please note the following important information:

The Corporation Counsel's office does not represent or offer advice to individuals in private legal matters.

If you are seeking legal assistance, you can consult the Legal Aid Society's website. You can also try to contact bar associations located in each of New York City's five boroughs that have legal referral services:

In addition, you can research online to find other legal assistance organizations.

If you want to make a criminal complaint or seek information about a criminal case in one of the City's five boroughs, please contact the District Attorney's office for that borough.

If you have a complaint about an attorney who is not a NYC government attorney and whose office is located in New York City, please call the Disciplinary Committees of the Appellate Divisions for information on how to file a complaint. First Department (Bronx and Manhattan): (212) 401-0800; Second Department (Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island): (718) 923-6300.

Send an Email Message to the Corporation Counsel