FAQs Regarding the Discontinued Use of Microfiche

The Department of Finance's microfiche has deteriorated over time, and identical records are available through the Automated City Register Information System (ACRIS), on microfilm, and in the land records ledgers at the Land Records Research Library located in Queens. 

No. None of the City Register's offices will continue to maintain microfiche.

Recording records from 1966 to the present are available in ACRIS. Records prior to 1966 are available on microfilm. Records are also available in our land records ledgers located in the Land Records Research Library located in Queens. 

The City Register is discontinuing the use of microfiche. Therefore, microfiche records will no longer be available.

Check ACRIS for records that were created from 1966 to the present. If you are looking for records dated before 1966, please speak with an assistant deputy, or check the land records ledgers.

The City Register's office will notify you when you can pick up your order, usually within two weeks.